Friday, September 4, 2015

Intro

Hello!

My name is Erin and I am an Ed Tech.  In a nut shell...here is my story.

Graduate from UNLV and take a job teaching Kinder/Computers where I went to school in 8th grade. I asked not to teach computer because I wasn't comfortable enough with the content.  I then moved to a different school and teach 4th.  We had SMARTBOARDS, but I didn't use it to better my instruction.  I was still excited about them though.
After 3 years, I move to a different district, different school, and different grade level...1st.  I found there were NO SMARTBOARDS!!!  I also learned I needed to better my instruction.  Then...WE GOT SMARTBOARDS!!!  YEA!!!  However, I knew that I needed to learn to use the smartboard to continue to better my instruction and my students learning.

After 7 years of teaching, I decided to pursue my Masters in Ed Tech because I loved learning how to improve my teaching and my students' learning experience with technology.  When I graduated, I left the classroom to become an Educational Computing Strategist.  Which is just a fancy name for a teacher that "should" coach other teachers on ed tech integration but really just fixes printers.  When my district got rid of ECSs, I applied for and became a DLC; Digital Learning Coach.

Most recently (less than a year ago), I left my district, my DLC job, my home, and my state to become an Ed Tech at an AMAZING university.  Here I am lucky to be able to work with high school teachers to support their efforts in ed tech integration in their classrooms.  As well as support them as they work to encourage the rest of their staff in ed tech integration.

What's next???  I have NO idea!  It's a huge ed tech world out there and I am not done learning.  

How did you find you way into the Ed Tech world?  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment