Tuesday, April 18, 2017

ISTE 2017

*UPDATE* Here is the link to place a copy of my poster in your Google Drive:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cowNXnDZpa3pJbHOt4lzIPJJJ7eH-Fas_vImmq9U-JU/copy?usp=sharing

Please feel free to share, ask questions, and tag me in ideas!  Thank you!  *UPDATE*

Well I have to say that I am feeling so very excited and grateful!

Last year I attended and presented a poster session at ISTE 2016.  I had attended ISTE 2014 in Atlanta previously.  This year however, I had moved across the country and was starting a new job at a new school (oh how I miss my #collegereadyOH team).  This meant the likelihood of presenting...let alone attending...ISTE 2017 was not great.

I was wrong!

My school has a number of very forward thinking teachers that are not only FANTASTIC at teaching, but are also excited to integrate technology into their daily routines.  They want to reach students in different ways.  They want to make productivity easier for students and they want to provide opportunities for them to explore and learn in a more student centered and creative forum.  They blow my mind daily.  And these teachers wanted to go to ISTE.  So, we sat down about a week before the submissions were due with our principal and said, "What do we do?"  In 30 minutes, we all had ideas for presentations, our principal said "Do It!", and off we set!

December rolled around and that fateful day arrived.  I was obsessively watching my email and Twitter.  I saw tweets starting to talk about going to and presenting at #ISTE2017.  I held my breath and checked my email.  Of course it just had me go to the ISTE website.

Well by this point I had to breath.  I'm not a fish.  But my heart was pounding with anticipation...

SUBMISSION ACCEPTED!!!

I jumped out of my seat.  I texted my principal.  I texted the teachers.  I texted my friends from Ohio State.  I texted my mom.  I texted my husband.  (Not in that order necessarily...but possibly.)

I heard back from some of the incredible teachers I work with and they had their submissions picked up TOO!!!

WE'RE GOING TO ISTE 2017!!

I am beyond excited to be going to Texas this summer.  I'm so excited to be able to share the experience that is an overwhelming learning and connecting opportunity with these incredible teachers.  To say that I am blessed is an understatement.  Two years in a row to go with teachers that I want nothing more than to work with and learn from and be able to share what I am so passionate about with others....

I can't even finish that thought I'm so excited.

Will I see you there?  #ISTE2017

No comments:

Post a Comment