Thursday, December 10, 2015

Blab Blab Blab Blab...Beta

Recently Periscope has been a tech tool that has everyone a buzz.  To be able to cast to anyone, or specific someones, in real time - at the moment - has been awesome!  And don't get me wrong, it's still awesome and still has some great potential for educational purposes.  I may even blog about it at some point.

But what I want to talk about today is Blab.  It's an app that I recently found.  I want to say that I discovered it from a Tony Vincent tweet.  I gave it as an option to one of my teachers who was looking to support his Physics classes outside of school hours.  After that, I didn't focus on it too much.  Not because I didn't want to but because I had other things I was focused on.  Don't judge...you're busy too.  ;)

So a couple of days ago, I decided I wanted to explore Blab more.  As opposed to Periscope, you can actively engage with viewers.  So I want to actively engage with you!!  Plus, you can schedule a Blab and get a link ahead of time in order to be prepared.

<Tangent> That's me.  I like to be prepared.  Probably a little too prepared if you ask any of my family and friends.  A back up plan for my back up plan for my plan.  And even then, different versions of all the back up plans.  What?! <Tangent End>

I tried to schedule and hold a test Blab yesterday, but was at the dentist getting some fillings done. BOO! And decided my mouth may be a little too tender to have strangers looking at my face.  I rescheduled the test for today at 8PM EST (because my face is not tender...my dentist is GREAT!).

Tonight's Blab will be 15 min.  It's called Bedtime Stories and I will ask 1 question.  Share your stories with me.  Teachers are amazing story tellers...so here's a chance to share.  Join me tonight: https://blab.im/erin-g-bedtime-stories-test-blab-1

See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment