Monday, June 27, 2016

Post ISTE Poster Session

Time to decompress.  

This is my 2nd time at ISTE and despite the cold and loss of my voice...I am loving it!  Some of our team just finished up our poster session.  Then I volunteered to trek the posters and our Instagram costume back to the hotel.  So I decided to take this time to reflect and blog about our poster session.  

Our poster was on whether or not social media in education was a good idea.  

Actually our poster was really why social media in education was a good idea.  If I'm being perfectly honest...*pause*...and I am. 

+Marisa Manocchio had students create literal posters of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flipboard, Instagram, and YouTube with statistics on use and benefits for teachers.  It was pretty amazing!  Then she created an Instagram costume that we used to take pictures of our attendees who stopped by.  It was PERFECT!!  Marisa set up a Tweet Deck to showcase all the photos we took at #CROISTE2016 and #ISTE2016.  

Then +Ben Clutter +Salvatore Maiorana +Brock Wysong +Marisa Manocchio and I were able to chat with everyone.  There were great questions about the various platforms, student safety, administrator buy-in, and much much more!  We were also able to talk a little bit about College Ready Ohio.  

Overall I'm really pleased with how things went.  Now I'm ready to get back and check out some posters, the vendors, and presenters!  I will admit I'm a little star struck and I can't wait to learn from so many of the experts I've been following!


2 comments:

  1. Will you be sharing the poster? I talked to you at ISTE and there was a lot of interesting information on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice...I will definitely check with the teacher and her students that made the poster to make sure that I can share that in the blog. Thank you for asking!

      Delete