Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer Time

It's summer!  What are your plans?

Most of us use the summer to try to readjust and improve things that didn't go so well or brainstorm new and exciting ideas for next year.  A lot of us are going to conferences and PD sessions to improve ourselves and our craft.

These are all fantastic!!

But...what else are you doing this summer?

Are you a crafter that is going to do some DIY projects?

Are you a reader that will spend days upon end reading straight through a good book...for FUN?!

Are you a traveler with your sights set on some new adventures?

All of these or any of these or none of these and a multitude of other things.  Be those.

Don't forget (preaching to the choir I know) to take some time and take care of you.  Summer vacation...any vacation...was not given to teachers for no reason.  It is provided so that your brain and your body can have a break.

I am going to Ohio to see my family and friends that we haven't seen in just about a year.  My husband is from Ohio and it's been difficult to be that far from the other half of our family.  Especially since we have a new niece to celebrate!  Then it's off to Tennessee to see my friend that I've known since we were in the 3rd grade!  You can't be that close to Tennessee and then skip a visit.  Especially because we have another new addition to that wonderful family as well!

These are how my brain and my body will rejuvenate themselves.  This is how I will be prepared both mentally and emotionally to come back next year.



1 comment:

  1. Erin thank you so muchh for this beautiful reminder! I will be taking some time for me!

    ReplyDelete