Thursday, January 2, 2020

Nothing to Say

Do you ever feel that way?  Maybe not that you have nothing to say, but your afraid that nobody wants to hear it.

That's how I'm feeling right now.  Well, it's how I'm feeling often.

I was out and about with my son today, getting some things handled before we have to head back to school.  And while we're running these errands, my mind races with all these ideas.  Things I want to say, things I want to do but can't, things I want to do and can, ideas to blog about, ideas to podcast about, ideas for a book, ideas, questions, strategies, etc.  And every time I think of something, my default response is, I can't do that.  Nobody wants to hear what I have to say.  There are so many people that already do that.  There are so many people that already do that WAY better than me!

I'm a little fish in a big pond.  With no real focus.

But, I just can't let that stop me.

My strategy in the classroom was everyday, if I can't make a difference in just one kids life, then I've done something good.  If I make a difference for more, then I've done something great.  I have to take that strategy outside the classroom too.

Here's the difference, you don't always know if what you've said, in whatever platform you said it, made a difference to anyone.  So I just have to have that faith that it is.

So it's not about having nothing to say...it's about saying something that someone wants or needs to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment