Monday, November 30, 2015

Want to get "Buffer"?

A colleague of mine, that is also pretty active on Twitter, recently introduced me to a website called Buffer.  It allows you to decide how often to send out tweets and schedule those tweets ahead of time. When he first explained it to me I admit I was a little lost as to why I would need something like this website in my life.  Then I tried it.

I now know "all the whys" that this website should be in my life!

1) It allows me to plan out and schedule my tweets ahead of time.
    I was always curious how fellow Twitter teachers always had the time to post something every 30       minutes or every hour or whatever their time frame.  I still don't know how some of them do it, but     I know what I do!

2) I want to start building a bigger presence on Twitter.
    I can't build a presence on Twitter if I'm not on Twitter.  I want what I say and do to have an      
    impact.  Again, I cannot do this, if I'm not on Twitter.  So simple solution, Buffer does all the work     for me and tweets out what I have schedule.

3) Of course, as a teacher, I immediately start thinking of the possibilities this could have for a    
    classroom.  
    Teachers know their assignments and tests well in advance.  You can schedule reminder tweets and     focus on in the moment tweets as they come up.  What about PD for teachers?  Schedule tips and
    reminders of what was covered to keep the material fresh in everyone's minds.  Do your parents
    follow you?  Tweet school events, classroom homework, blog posts, etc. to keep parents informed
    of what's going on in your classroom.  Should Admin use it?  DEFINTINELY!  It would be a
    fantastic way to send out positive notes to your staff as a whole.  In addition to reminders of  
    meetings or upcoming events.

Ok so those may not be "all the whys" but it's a pretty good start.  I definitely highly recommend using this website.  You do have to create an account (I created my account through my Twitter account so it was one less account to keep track of) but it's free unless you decide to "Upgrade to Awesome".

No comments:

Post a Comment