Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cross That Bridge

Recently, I asked a colleague of mine if he was going to submit a proposal to present at an event.  He said he planned on it.  (Neither one of us did because we ran out of time.)  I looked at him as he was replying and he had a very "nonchalant" look on his face.  The idea of submitting - not even presenting - TERRIFIED me! He didn't seem to care at all.  I cared a lot, so I asked him about it.

I'm a 30 something and I'm still afraid of rejection and judgement.  I'm still nervous to put myself out there.  Despite the fact that I aspire to be someone that others can look to for #edtech advice, guidance, conversations.  If, as a professional, I'm still not 100% comfortable...gosh, what about the kids?!

How can we get them to take that first step?  How can we get them to cross that bridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment