Thursday, July 21, 2016

ISTE Resources - Social Media in EDU

I recently reposted a blog post that had access to the Haiku Deck I created for the ISTE 2016 poster session that a group of us presented at.

After a comment left by Alice, who was kind enough to visit our poster, she reminded me that we had some really awesome student created resources that I hadn't shared!

When we were planning for our poster session, we had a few brainstorming meetings and then started to divide up the jobs to complete the various tasks.  Keep in mind, that while our whole team was from Ohio, we were not from the same place.  So completing our tasks was a relatively independent project.

I created the presentation on +Haiku Deck that scrolled through on a screen that talked about ways you could use Social Media in education.  Then Marisa, who is an engineering teacher at Bio Med Science Academy, worked with her students to create the physical posters.  The students created the design, researched the statistics, and worked on the posters within Google.  I was thoroughly amazed at their work!

Please check out the posters from the students here:
Facebook
Flipboard
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
You Tube

Over all I think the poster went wonderfully and I can't say enough good things about the teachers that I was lucky enough to work with.  So to +Ben Clutter+Salvatore Maiorana+Marisa Manocchio, and +Brock Wysong...thanks for working so hard on this poster session.  You are amazing teachers and I am so lucky to have been able to work with you for +College Ready Ohio and for #ISTE2016!



No comments:

Post a Comment